Quartech Corporation software

KE Tech

Does anyone know where I can find the software for quartech corporations model number 9112-0-0 coms bridge? I've gone pretty deep and come up empty handed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Do you mean Quatech? Haven't heard that name in a looooong time.

Did you see this:

"On Oct 13, 2011, B&B Electronics Manufacturing Company, Inc. proudly announced its acquisition of Quatech, a global leader in Ethernet, Wi-Fi, USB and serial device networking and connectivity solutions for industrial environments."

Mouser has some B+B SmartWorx products in their catalog but nothing with that part number. You might be better off changing it out for a current product with support and documentation. Describe your application and people here will have suggestions.

It's for an OEM piece of equipment and we have the original program for the coms bridge. This would be the easiest way to get the machine up and going since the manufacturer has sent us the program for it.

It's Quartech and I am surprised that they seemed to have pretty much disappeared from the www.

There's a 5% chance I might have an old CD at home with some manuals and software but I am not sure if I even have a CD reader at home any more. I do have one here at work, so if I find a disc that looks promising, I will try to bring it in tomorrow and see what's on it.

I just remembered I had already brought those old discs to work. I just looked through them and I have some interesting antiques, but nothing for Quartech so far...wait...

No way.

I have no idea what's in that zipped folder and there are a half dozen others, but that one is the best match for your part number.

Last edited:
Okay, each of the folders I found has some pieces that might all be required.
The previous attachment was only one piece. Al together it's too big to attach, but split in half it should be okay.

Note that the file in my first attachment "9112_PSP_V104.zip" belongs in the empty "psp" folder in part B of these two attachments.

OkiePC.... Software is installed and the cable has been ordered. Thank you very much for the lead. If I get this to work I'll get you a gift card or something for your troubles.

I just clicked my bookmark for Quartech I have had for years and it's now either Chinese or Taiwan called quartechcorp - that doesn't seem to be about HMI's.

I have a few versions of their software as every panel and driver combination needed a different programming software. (IE - 9800 for PLC5, 9800 for Mitsubishi FX, 9800 for GE Series 90, etc)

Plus I have Screenmaker9000 that I think was for all 9xxx panels and all drivers, but I haven't installed or opened any Quartech software in 20 years.

And you do have to make a custom serial cable for each model, they had the pinouts listed and used standard DB connectors.

Those files I shared were from an old cd rom from a former job. I did not see any installation files there and don't remember using the software well enough to know how to go about making use of those files. It would not surprise me if the files I shared were just a copy of the Quartech folder on a PC after installation in an attempt to make a backup in case of hard drive failure.

I have 3 QS9 files for a Quartech HMI. I do not have software to open these. By any chance, would you have software?

Thanks

Notes

I found some notes about Quartech software. You need an older laptop with a physical RS-232 9pin serial port, USB converters won't work, the software name is Quartech 9214, it's an older DOS program, and won't run on a 64-bit operating system.🔨🔨🔨

Quartech9214 was only for the 9200 panel with one specific comm's driver.

Each panel model and each comm's had its own programming software.

IE - 9200 with AB PLC5 could not program 9200 with GE comm's