[Studio 5000] How to simulate program uploaded from PLC

Le Tri Dung

I want to run a simulation of a program uploaded from a rockwell PLC, but I can't configure the CPU on the emulate to match the actual CPU.

I want to run a simulation of a program uploaded from a rockwell PLC, but I can't configure the CPU on the emulate to match the actual CPU.

Perhaps you have figured it out by now, but it does not work that way. You must configure the CPU in the .ACD file to match the Emulator.

Perhaps you have figured it out by now, but it does not work that way. You must configure the CPU in the .ACD file to match the Emulator.

but I can't change the CPU in the .ACD file with the emulated CPU because I can't find it. Now I want to simulate the .ACD file that I have uploaded from the PLC, how do I do that?

Last edited:
Which version of Logix? Maybe it's in a version where Emulate isn't available yet. In which case you might have to change the version first then change the controller.

Which version of Logix? Maybe it's in a version where Emulate isn't available yet. In which case you might have to change the version first then change the controller.

i am using studio 5000 V32 and emulate V33. if I create a new file on studio 5000 and select CPU emulate, it still simulates normally. but I want to run simulation file upload from PLC, but I can't. Can you give me my email address and online my computer via Utraview?

Last edited:
If your plc has an L80 series plc then you have to reconfigure the plc properties for an L70 series to get it available to use with the emulator. You can edit the L5X file to change the controller properties to an L70, as there’s no easier way that know of.

If your plc has an L80 series plc then you have to reconfigure the plc properties for an L70 series to get it available to use with the emulator. You can edit the L5X file to change the controller properties to an L70, as there’s no easier way that know of.

My real cpu has type 1756-L83E. I go to Change Controller and I don't see any L70. Can you control my computer?

I've had this problem before with emulate and the solution was to export the programs and import them into a blank project made specifically for the Emulate processor.

Do remember this next time you get to choose which PLC to use and pick something good.

I've had this problem before with emulate and the solution was to export the programs and import them into a blank project made specifically for the Emulate processor.

Do remember this next time you get to choose which PLC to use and pick something good.

i did that, it gave the program 4k errors, it's hard to edit

The easiest way to change it to an emulator is to download an xml file editor, save the file as an L5X version and edit the controller properties to match that of an L70 processor. You can use a program that already has an L70 processor to copy the fields and values.

The easiest way to change it to an emulator is to download an xml file editor, save the file as an L5X version and edit the controller properties to match that of an L70 processor. You can use a program that already has an L70 processor to copy the fields and values.

i found the problem, when i use studio version 5000 v20 for old PLC it will emulate. and V32 is not