FactoryTalk View ME Parameter Files

MarkNightingale

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I will try to explain what I am doing.

I have 6 fillers, all of them the same, all of them have 8 heads on each filler.

I press a GoTo screen button and pass the parameter number to give me the filler details I require, so #1 for filler 1, #2 for filler 2 and so on.

Now when I am in this screen with the parameter file, I want to navigate to a different screen, but that screen must be the same filler as what I am currently in.

So for example, I press the GoTo filler screen, and pass parameter file #1, so I am shown all the information for filler 1. Now I want to navigate to head number 2.

That screen is titled MIMIC_Filler1_Station2.

But because I have navigated to the filler screen using a parameter file, I essentially need a way of telling the new GoTo display which filler I am in.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Mark

I don't use parameter files much myself, but can you put a reference to a parameter in the parameter file box on the goto like you would for another tag. The parameter file could reference itself essentially?

I thought maybe I could use a display number and have that populate an internal tag.

But the display number is the same regardless of which parameter file is loaded.

I will keep playing.

Check this thread it deals with passing parameters to a second page.

You can search "Passing Parameters" using the search forum feature at the bottom of the page or your FTVME software. Use the quotations marks to ensure you're seaching the entire phrase or you'll get hits for both words.

But I believe your solution will rely on using Parameter Lists along with the Parameter file.