Banner , Sick , etc. Slot on Fork Sensors . Do they make them wider than 8.66 " ?

Cydog

Banner , Sick , etc. Slot on Fork Sensors . Do they make them wider than 8.66 " ?

Good Morning ,

I have product that is coming down the line , preparing to go in the wrapper. It is a perfect application for a Sick , Banner , etc. Slot or Fork sensor such has a Banner SLM220N6Q Slot Sensor.

Our product is about 12" wide , but all the slot sensors I have found Sick , Banner , etc. are only 8" wide.

Have any of you had these before, or found them to be wilder?

Thanks so much for your help,

I have not found any slot sensors larger than 220 mm. Balluff makes an angle sensor which is simply a two-legged version of a slot sensor. The largest angle sensor they make is 159mm x 150mm, so you may be able to use two of these and use logic to sense your product. It would depend on the height of the product and whether or not you could mount your sensors over the top of the conveyor.

We have considered making our own slot sensors for wider applications (for our own needs, we are a machine end user). To do that, you could buy a thru-beam sensor and simply mount it into a one piece aluminum bracket machined to your dimensions.