Generic Ethernet settings for Bizerba scales

kennyg70663

Trying to connect 5069-L310ER controller to a variety of Bizerba scales. We currently connect via TCP/IP connection from a business system but we need to change to Rockwell PLC. We have a working example with a Siemens but I can't get the Rockwell generic Ethernet Module to successfully connect.

I can't find where Bizerba publish Assembly instance or size information, but we know the size of the packet from the Siemens example.

TIA

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

I haven't used Bizerba scales before. What exact models do you have in your facility, and can you point to the Ethernet specifications ?

Some industrial weighing companies do have Rockwell-specific interfaces; Rice Lake, Hardy, and Mettler-Toledo come to mind.

But Bizerba probably doesn't have an EtherNet/IP cyclic I/O Adapter object in their interface, which is what would be required to use the "Generic Ethernet Module" object.

I dislike that name; it's "Generic" only to the extent that it's a Rockwell-compatible function with a blob of undifferentiated data. It's not really "generic ethernet".

The good news is that you've got a 5069 series controller, which supports "Raw Sockets" and can send non-Rockwell-Automation messages over TCP/IP and UDP. That may be where you can re-use some of the information you have from the Siemens example, though that might be a ProfiNet generic object since they're a German company and appear to have classic Profibus interfaces too.

Post as much info and links as you can.

And again, welcome to the Forum !