SLC 500 Program moving comments after an upload

Good Afternoon ,

I know this question was asked back in June. I am doing the process described by OperagHost below , but I don't understand in the " Select Native Database Source " during the process below , what Files of Type is
"RS500 DBX(*.CTD ). What is this file extension and where would it be located.

Thanks,

June 28th, 2016, 02:28 PM

Or......another option

In RSLogix 500 open the project that you wish to add comments into. Then click Tools, Database, Native Import. Native Import allows you to take comments from one project and import it into another without having to go through the export process first.

The ASCII process requires exporting from the source program and then importing into the destination program.

You can then select the program that has your documentation and then which types of comments you want to import. Rung comments and Page Titles probably don't make sense unless the programs are exactly the same. But the Address Comments and Symbols might very well out out quite a bit.

OG

Original Question By Ray Hovis

SLC 5/03 transfer of comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me how to transfer the comments form one program to another in SLC 500, I have a program that has no annotation and I need the comments to help trouble shoot. I have a similar program with allot of the same comments that I could use but can't seem to get them to transfer? I tired opening up the program and uploading into the shell of the similar program but it wouldn't let me upload????

Sorry there is a step I left out.

1. First open the project that has the documentation you want copied.
  2. Then click File => Save As
  3. Then check the box marked "Save data base as external files"

That will save the database as an external file that can be imported into the new project.

OG

Step1.JPG