how to use the MSG instruction and set parameter

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I received a PM from Forum member @zhoudq and am creating this public thread for his question:

I wonder to use a MSG instruction pull the 1756-CN2R data, but i can't set the MSG parameters, because i don't understand the MSG parameter meaining, example:service code, class ,instance, attribute etc.

In addition, I get the data form the module EDS, the Listen Only - Rack Optimized path is 20 A7 24 01 2C 03 2C 01, but i don't understand the meaning, please guide me or give me the user manual of the parameter. thank you!

My first comment is a request for clarification and purpose: do you want to read parameters or objects from the 1756-CN2R itself like channel status or ControlNet statistics, or do you want to read actual data from I/O modules that are connected via that network bridge module ?

In general, when you need I/O data you get it via I/O connections that are created via the I/O scheduling and module creation methods in Studio 5000. You don't write CIP generic object reads just to get I/O values.

Please provide as much detail and context as you can.