Studio 5000: L71S, Auto Discovery, Local IO cannot be added...

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hmmm... The Auto Discovery was working well until I got to the last two cards. Then I got this:

"device cannot be added because there is no room left in the chassis or bus"

It's an L71S. I flashed the CPU to v34, and now I'm setting it up from scratch for this project.

Any ideas why? I haven't tried adding them off line yet. I'm just hoping to learn a few things while I'm doing this.

I'll put one picture on this post, and one of the rack on a separate post.

Adding IO.png

It looks like you have the wrong chassis selected. Shouldn't it be a 1756-A13? You have 1756-A10 selected.

It's complaining because a 1756-A10 rack should only have 10 slots. Looks to me like what you have is actually a 1756-A13.

Yeah, that would do it! Thanks!

This is my 3rd extruder project I've done in the last 10 years, but it's the first ControlLogix rack I've programmed since school. I fully expect to have more of these simple questions over the next several months. Thanks again!