Go Online vs Go Online Now Rslogix

Jmeadows7676

I was asked the question at the place I work (What's the difference between "Go Online" and "Go Online Now" when using RSLogix 5, 500 Software packages)?
I don't have my lab equipment setup so I can't check to see.

Does anyone know.

I'm not sure about "Go Online Now" I don't see that as an option. There is a "who active go online" option, maybe they mean that? I only have RS Logix 500.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, there really is no reason to go "Online now". I don't even see that option in RSLogix 500, only in 5. The getting results guide for RSLogix 5 says that the database is not loaded, and x-ref is disabled. I can confirm that when I went online now, I was missing many of my comments in the program, and I could not use the cross-reference functionality. The two images below are of my program before going online, and after using online now.

beforeonlinenow.png afteronlinenow.png