SLC Communication Dilemma

toddp65

Hi all--figured I'd knock the rust off minds here;
Situation--We're resurrecting an old Alvey Palletizer from the grave.
It came w/o a controller but original program called for a 5/04 and it's equipped with a PV 550 via 485. We installed a 5/05 so I can program, etc., without having to buy expensive cables/adapters we don't have. Still 485 to HMI on channel 0 and channel 1 is ethernet. Every time I use Boot/p to push the IP address, it won't let me disable Boot/p in the utility. It just faults but the IP does change and I'll able to see it online and go online and comms with HMI is good. Of course at power cycle its going to lose this IP address.
So while online in the program I try to uncheck the Boot/p box in the channel 1 properties and it allows this, but tells me there will be a comm loss. There is and then I lose communication with the HMI thru channel 0 485 (although nothing on that channel has been changed).
I end up have to power cycle the PLC to get that comm channel back; of course It losses the IP address again and I have to go thru the same process to get back online only to face the same dilemma.
Does this check box need unchecked offline and then a download performed?

Thoughts> Thanks in advance.

Yes, changes to any of the comms config requires a full download. Set your new fixed IP and untick the BootP box. Check your Channel 0 config is showing correct as well.

Any mods to the channel will pop up that warning box. If you're happy you have your settings right just click through to continue and complete the download