Cold Temperature Sensing Instrument Recommendations

billy.nfp

Hi all,

Looking for a temperature sensing solution for determining ambient temperature in the frigid Canadian winters. Discrete outputs are fine for my case, which is why my first thought was a simple thermostat - set to around -25 Celsius. I've quickly discovered that in my hour of searching, that simply does not exist.

So, I'd appreciate some recommendations. I'm not adverse to dangling an RTD off the wall of my building, but the thought of a simple $30 thermostat switching an input is very appealing. I simply need to detect when the ambient temperature is below my set point (-25C).

Analog solutions are welcome but discrete is preferred as I wouldn't have to do any extra wiring to make it go :)

Thanks in advance!