Hydraulic Ram control - S7-1200

DLMUK

Hi,

I am about to start a project controlling a hydraulic ram using a Siemens S7-1200 controller.

It will need to be quite steady control, by this I mean maintaining a load to within +/-2% with a dynamic attachment on it. I.e. the attachment being pulled by the ram will elongate when underload, so the hydraulics needs to account for the mechanical movement and not just let the load release to zero.

Can anyone point in the direction of reading material for valve selection, assuming I will need a PI or PID loop.

Thanks,

Similar Topics

Hi All, I could do with some advice on a hydraulic control system. It is necessary for me to accurately position a vertical hydraulic ram with...
Replies
Views
Hiya - just hoping someone might be able to point me down the right path here; I have recently finished a job for a press cutting some carpet...
Replies
Views
Sorry Bubba, you are going to have to replace that bad seal. Ever have one of those days when you just want to smack someone?:mddr:
Replies
Views
Here is a revised copy attached of the Hydraulic Press Program. I have cleaned up the program per comments from previous post. Program works OK...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a project I'm currently working on. Specifically, it involves a hydraulic system with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom