mitsubishi plc - servo problems

archron

we have a pipe cutting machine that was out of use for a long time, so the battery for plc was gone.

I replaced plc battery, but now both servo axes only moves forward, no backward movement.

machine has;
A1SJH PLC,
A1SD75P2-S3 Positionning module,
2 MR-j2s-100a servo drivers.

when i check the program i can see that plc is sending correct signals (y56,y57 for axis 1 and y58,y59 for axis 2) to the module. and when i press the mode button on the A1SD module i can see that the axis i m trying to move goes on JOG mode. but no backwards movements on both axis. no alarm on anything. seems like either module not sendind signals to drivers or i m missing some parameters on module?drivers?plc?
i did find a matching machine and they let me get backups for plc, so i downloaded that machines parameters and data but no luck.

i m not very experienced on mitsubishi plc, especially with positionning modules and i m kinda lost where to check, any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
First of all, did you copy the data registers from the other PLC & download to the one that the battery was flat also the PLC Parameters. This is done by selecting a new project, select the type of PLC, in the blank project right click on Device memory in the tree to the left hand side & create new, call it MAIN this is the default, then go on-line & tick all but the comment boxes so you upload the program, PLC Parameters & device memory, then save it, do the reverse to download to the other PLC, it is possible that there are some registers that need some data, a Dead battery will clear those if the original program was lost. There could also be some "R" registers, these are not created automatically, although if you did copy the PLC Parameters the settings should generate them, these if used might also contain data required for the drives, There is a way of uploading these as well but I do not have a processor so cannot get to the on-line menu as I cannot remember how to do it.