Siemens WinCC and S7-315 Comms

Coops

Hiya Guys,

Easy one for ya....got a SIemens SIMATIC PC with profibus card, WinCC6.1 SCADA system communicating to a Siemens S&-315-2DP on profibus.

S7-315 = Node 2 - Profibus
SCADA = Node 4

This system was working before but now i've come back to finish the project it doesnt seem to communicate.

I have a couple of tags on the SCADA that are just flashing from a greyed out color to white and the value stays at zero. When i disconnect the profibus it stays greyed out....so it is sort of communicating but i cant see the problem. The plc doesnt report any problems and the scada package doesnt either.

Is it my tag setup??????

Cheers one confused welsh man

Possibly a scripting error. I had these problems long time ago when trying to figure out indirect addressing etc in WinCC.

Are you by any chance using the Tag Prefix property in PictureWindows etc?

I spent a nice week in Dublin trying to figure out why my tags were greyed out due to C scripting errors.

Are you using the debug tool? This is very useful.

Coops said:
Hiya Guys,

This system was working before but now i've come back to finish the project it doesnt seem to communicate.

Are you "loosing" only few tags with DB addreses or you can't see anything at all?

After many conversations with Siemens they decided that the project had some how become corrupted and there was no solution other than to start a new project. Copied screens and tags over from existing project and it now works again. I really dont like Siemens software, always seem to get similar problems using wincc flex as well, lol.