transfer wincc flexible project to pc station runtime

Kataeb

i cannot transfer a wincc flexible 2008 sp3 project to a pc station (which has wincc flexible runtime 2008 and cp5611 communication board).
i can see the pc station in the set pg interface of simatic, using a usb to profibus adapter connected to the profibus network.
but i am getting a message "cannot establish connection".
any special settings to be done?

also i tried to download to the wincc flexible runtime from the same computer, the wincc flexible engineering software is on the same station as the runtime.
but i don't know which settings should be done in the set pg pc interface!

I just generate the runtime files and transfer them manually to the target PC with whatever means available - USB stick, email, FTP server ...
I have had mixed result with the online transfer for PC RT.

the engineering software is wincc flexible 2008 sp3 , while the runtime is wincc flexible 2008 only . will this cause any issues ?

You should be able to set the runtime version in the runtime settings of the project. I think SP3 should be able to support the older version, but it will default to the newest version unless you signal otherwise.

I just generate the runtime files and transfer them manually to the target PC with whatever means available - USB stick, email, FTP server ...
I have had mixed result with the online transfer for PC RT.

Same experience here but it has been a while since I used a PC runtime. From what I remember you use your WinCC Flex configuration software make your changes, save the program then Click the 'Runtime' button in the upper menu (not the simulate button). The PC runtime will then run on your machine (it will give a error that you don't have a license for runtime, I assume you don't).

When the runtime is executed it creates a local file for this runtime. After you stop your runtime you take this file and move it to the PC that you are trying to transfer it to.

Sorry I don't remember the location the file is stored in.

Same experience here but it has been a while since I used a PC runtime. From what I remember you use your WinCC Flex configuration software make your changes, save the program then Click the 'Runtime' button in the upper menu (not the simulate button). The PC runtime will then run on your machine (it will give a error that you don't have a license for runtime, I assume you don't).

When the runtime is executed it creates a local file for this runtime. After you stop your runtime you take this file and move it to the PC that you are trying to transfer it to.

Much simpler, in the transfer dialog, you can specify that the transfer is "to file", and then specify the location. That is all.

May i copy runtime folder from this PC to the other PC?
I have a project Wincc Flexible 2008 SP3 connect to PLC S7 200 via card CP5611, now can i copy runtime folder to the other PC and connect it with PLC?
Thanks for your answer!