What version of GX developer to program a A2NCPU

Tjkeets90

Hi all,
I'm needing to program a very old A series PLC where the CPU is a A2NCPU.
When I try and select the PLC type in GX Developer I do not get this CPU in the drop down just the A2N(S1).
I'm using version 8.116W.
Can anyone tell me if it is even possible to program this kind of CPU with GX Developer and if so what version or will I need Medoc?

Thanks,

Tom

Can you select just A?

In Works2 I can select A2N so I would think GX would also let you select it

Just connect to the plc and it will tell you what it thinks it is connected to.
Probably the A2N(s)
It won't make much difference.
Program away.

Just connect to the plc and it will tell you what it thinks it is connected to.
Probably the A2N(s)
It won't make much difference.
Program away.

+1

Before Works came out the only option was Developer so it has to support it, i'm thinking like Ronnie and just connect

I have GX Dev v8.25B and and it does not support the A2N series CPU's. It only supports the FX series.

I have GX Works for that.

There were two version of GX Developer (3 if you count the 1000W version) one was full and supported A, Q and FX and they also had a cheaper FX only version

GXDEV V8.5 supports A2N(S) so it should support all A series, You say you are getting another PLC, why not upgrade to the Q series or newer, the A series is long past it's support date.
GXWorks comes bundled with GXDeveloper and will run a GX Developer session when the A series is selected (it is called compatible mode and will only do ladder).