Cannot upload from CLGX5K

unsaint33

I am trying to upload from a Contrologix5000. My laptop RSLogix5000 finds it as you can see in the picture. I don't think it matters but the RSLogix5000 I am using is 90day trial demo. I think the yellow question marks is because no EDS file. But why is the upload button grayed out?

screen.JPG

I am trying to upload from a Contrologix5000. My laptop RSLogix5000 finds it as you can see in the picture. I don't think it matters but the RSLogix5000 I am using is 90day trial demo. I think the yellow question marks is because no EDS file. But why is the upload button grayed out?

Because if RSLinx doesn't recognise the communications device, it won't know how to communicate with it, hence no way to browse to the target PLC, and hence no upload button.

Try uploading and installing the EDS file from the ENBT module itself...

2020-09-02_154347.jpg

Daba, thanks for your help. I got the EDS installed. So I get the correct icons now. But still the upload, download, online buttons are grayed out. Again, I am using a 90 day trial demo CLGX5K. I am not 100% but I think the upload/download/online functions were not limited in this demo version. Am I missing something?

screen2.JPG

Boy, do I feel dumb. I selected the processor slot and then I got the upload button. However, my RSLogix is V17. The PLC is V16.8. So, I cannot upload after all. Thanks for all your help.