AOI - nesting... kinda

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm thinking of the MSG as an AOI just because I couldn't think of another example that would have the same prefix with different suffixes.. you will see what I mean.

I have an AOI for MSG diagnostics. Works fine but requires me to enter the
same tagname 4 times.

Is there a technique to only enter the prefix once and have the 4 suffixes .DN, .ER etc automatically created?

AOI Help.jpg

I'm thinking of the MSG as an AOI just because I couldn't think of another example that would have the same prefix with different suffixes.. you will see what I mean.

I have an AOI for MSG diagnostics. Works fine but requires me to enter the
same tagname 4 times.

Is there a technique to only enter the prefix once and have the 4 suffixes .DN, .ER etc automatically created?

View attachment 55887

I think the way to minimize the coding would require you to actually use excel.
You can either decode the rung's neutral text,and replicate a bulk amount, or you can also export his routine as an XML.

Same goes for tag generation. Hope this can help! Another thing you might be able to do is create aliases for these message.er/dn/en bits, and use them without lookup required. Not sure if you want to go this route.

Regards,
-PreLC

I have still never exported to Excel and edited,. I gotta do that someday .

But... I was reading through the doc and it said there is a data type of "Module" for an I/O parameter... And that works! I don't recall that being an option before but maybe I justy never considered it. But it looks like it works just fine.

I have still never exported to Excel and edited,. I gotta do that someday .

But... I was reading through the doc and it said there is a data type of "Module" for an I/O parameter... And that works! I don't recall that being an option before but maybe I justy never considered it. But it looks like it works just fine.

So were you able to put the msg tag as a parameter?