Ge 9070 VME

jimcav

Good Morning

I am using a GE IS215UCVDH7AN card for my DLAN comms. I had to install my spare to get the system back up and running. I sent my other unit to radwell for repair. The card came back but it is missing the QNX operating system. How do I reload the OS back on the card. Not much out there on the internet about the IS215UCVDH7AN card. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks
jim cav

Hi Jim,

To load the os to UCVD systems, the only way I know is with the control systems toolbox software.
You must have the Innovation Series Controller option installed.
You can check that with Versions ( an option that is installed with the control systems toolbox suite)

You need a serial cable with the mini SUB-D connector.
Then you connect to the UCVD controller com1 with the Serial Loader option.
Than you can load the runtime software to the controller.

Gr.
John.

Cable pinout

John

The cable in question is 336A4929G1 this cable has the micro 9 pin connector on one and the other end is a 9 pin male sub d. would you happen to have a pinout diagram of this cable?

Thanks

Hi,

I am very sorry for the late answer, missed the notification of your message.
If you still need it:

I will ring out the cable tomorrow.
It is a coincidence i have this cable at home now for programming a IS215ACLA so i can measure it for you.
Otherwise i had to wait for the moment i go to my office. Because of corona i do most of the work from home now.
Do you have pinout for the serial cable you need between the computer and the 9 pin sub-d ( as far as i know it is not standard serial patchcable) I can give you pinout also, you need 1 male and 1 female 9 pin sub-d for this cable.

Greetings, John.

Last edited:
ge vme

John

I hope you can reply to this I have a IS215ucvem09b controller card that needs the IP address changed. I have tried to get the serial loader to work but it just does not want to establish a connection. Any thoughts.

Thanks

Hi,
I am sorry, i do not read the mail with nitifications every day.

Do you have the original mini 9 pin sub-D connector?
part number 336A4929

Connect to COM1 on the UCVE card.
Be sure to have the right com port selected in the serial loader.
Default settings of the com port should work.
If you like i can make step by step screenshots.

As far as I have tried, all USB/Serial converters i have used work, so that seems not to be as critiacal as with 9070 and 9030 systems.

gr.
John.