RS-500 Error Message

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
Today I was missing the Online Bar on my RS 500 and I was looking for it
I could not find it under View>Online to put a check mark there. Scrolling around to find the problem I must have hit something now when I open 500 I get a Server Busy error. In the block when I hit retry it does nothing. Pressing switch to brings up my apps and I can open another. ( a couple of times going back to 500 error was gone) as you can see the cancel button is greyed out.
I tried uninstalling and re installing software and its still there. even upgraded to v.12 and its still there. anyone ever seen this, Thanks

I found it under Tools<Add In Manager I had checked a box "View Studio application Class"
unchecking it solved the problem, I noticed if I left the screen with the error on it for several minutes then I was able to hit retry and it would go away, that's when I was able to go find what I had hit originally to mess it up and un-check the box. Thanks

I found it under Tools<Add In Manager I had checked a box "View Studio application Class"
unchecking it solved the problem, I noticed if I left the screen with the error on it for several minutes then I was able to hit retry and it would go away, that's when I was able to go find what I had hit originally to mess it up and un-check the box. Thanks

That's interesting. I see this error occasionally when trying to go online. It is as if RSLogix is unable to successfully get the RSLinx service to start when trying to open the online applet. My workaround has always been to go the start button and type rslinx <enter> to manually open RSLinx, then go back and click retry to get RSLogix unstuck.

I was having the problem just trying to open RS-500, offline no project and no Linx running. Nothing else running on computer, I believe I accidently checked the box while
Searching why my online download box was not displaying. Once I was able to get back in and un check it everything is fine. Not sure what that is for.

In RSLogix if you do a Find All, then right click on the result window and uncheck it to make it go away, right under the Result check is the Online check.

I have accidentally clicked the wrong one more than once.

To get it back do another Find All for any object and right click on the window and recheck Online

1019201247.jpg