Restore PV6+ APA file including kep files

Sydneyguy

Hi Guys
I have an application archive file .APA for a PV6 1000. The screen has failed and we have replaced with a like for like one. I am unable to restore the Kepserver files required for the HMI to talk to the Omron PLC. Is there a trick? Ive read all the files on restoring from a .MER file but no luck with the .APA file
Anyone had this before?

Hi Guys
I have an application archive file .APA for a PV6 1000. The screen has failed and we have replaced with a like for like one. I am unable to restore the Kepserver files required for the HMI to talk to the Omron PLC. Is there a trick? Ive read all the files on restoring from a .MER file but no luck with the .APA file
Anyone had this before?

Of the choices available to restore, the apa is supposed to be the best choice. Can you provide more details about why you cannot restore? Any error messages?

thats what I though, I can restore the APA file no problem into the FTview project editor. However it doesn't seem to unpack the kep database?
I can upload or DM the file if you think you can extract the kep database from it?

Cheers

I have never used the kepware drivers on PV, however, I have used Kepware many times as an OPC server, just a thought, The config & tags in Kepserver are in a file with the extension .OPF maybe there is a file like this in the archive, worth a look.