MicroLogix 1400 / RSLogix500

Hi Guys, I'm looking to get a Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1400 1766-L32BWA /B 32 Point Controller, for an addon to my Christmas lights. I've seen posts that say they can be programmed with Rslogix500 even the manual says it can, but I only see Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1000,1100,1200,1500 in the drop down list of processors on my software... I'm using RSLogix500 Ver 6.2. I'm assuming this wont program the MicroLogix 1400, Just want to double check with you experts.

I cant upgrade my RSLogix500 as its on old company laptop that I bought when they went out of business, I do have the key disk which has all the activation files for RSLogix5, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000 and many more (probably 20-30ish) but if I don't Have The Programs (Must of been on another Computer there that wasn't in this bundle of items i purchased) so the activation files are no good.. unless i could download the software "Assuming RSLogix5000 can even program the 1400" and use my activation disk..

I know Im using old AB stuff but works great for Christmas lights :)
Thanks For Any Help

Why oh why would you spend like $600 on a MicroLogix 1400 when you can can get a something from Automation direct that is just as good -> much better, at a fraction of the price?

Because A buddy of mine in Florida has 2 used 1400s that he wants to trade me for a GOT1000 that I bought used in a Big lot of stuff and i dont Use GOT1000s so i figured why not if I can program the 1400s they would work on my Christmas light show

You need 8.1 or greater and you need to have micro or higher. I don’t think you can program the 1400 with the starter version.

You might be able to program the ML1400 with your existing license by upgrading to the highest version of RSLogix 500 that supports EVRSI licensing...

According to this lengthy thread, version 8.40 was the last version that supported EVRSI (disk based) licenses. I am pretty sure that version supports the ML1400. To do this, simply locate, download and install version 8.40 of RSLogix 500. I have found that you can have the EVRSI license present on a thumb drive (using EVMOVECF) plugged into your PC and the software will recognize it without having to actually EVMOVE it to the PC.

Also, you may be able to take your valid license serial number and have it converted to a FTA (Factory Talk Activation) for free. We pay for tech connect and have done this many times. Without techconnect, you may not be able to get this done for free ... I am not sure, but it only costs a few minutes on the support site chat window to find out. They may also be able to tell you who is the legal owner of the software license, and if that entity is not you, may advise you how to go about legally gaining ownership.