Mitsubishi: what does M stand for in a parameter?

M is a memory bit or flag.
The PLC contains X (Inputs) Y (outputs) M bit memory, D Word memory R word memory, Timers & counters

In addition, some of the bits in the M tables are system bits. Things like ALWAYS_ON, ALWAYS_OFF and first scan bits. You need to check the Mitsubishi documentation.

As posted above, the system bits (depending on the PLC Model) are M8000 > for FX, SM0-xxx for the Q series, although I believe there is some cross over, M bits 9000 > are used for the GXIEC/GXWorks as temporary or local variables at compile time.

Similar Topics

Complete Novice here - I understand that GXDev is for writing the ladder logic (PLC code). I understand that GTDesigner is for defining the HMI...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the basic question... I've had a look through the Q68AD-G (analogue input to digital converter), and I'm trying to find out if the...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone help? Complete novice here GXDev/SoftGOT/GTDes3 I've had a question from a colleague asking me 'how does the PLC calculate the...
Replies
Views
M367 is a press-button on the PLC screen, X212 and X213 are PHYSICAL buttons on a control panel - you press them with your finger. What does the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom