Beckhoff PLC help, startup does not complete

DonCollins

Any help for a Beckhoff PLC that does not start up correctly the first time? The system will lock up, stop responding at times, requiring me to cycle the power. The PLC does not start on the first try. The windows status bar progresses to different spots and just stops. It usually takes aroun 5-15 tries for the PLC to fully load.

My advice is to check the events log on the Windows administrative tools. This will give you valuable information to help you analyse your problem.

Thank you. No one is a fan of this Beckhiff PLC, and I tend to forget, it’s windows based. So I have never considered checking event viewer. Thanks for the tip.

Thank you. No one is a fan of this Beckhiff PLC, and I tend to forget, it’s windows based. So I have never considered checking event viewer. Thanks for the tip.

Or just contact your local Beckhoff tech support. You will be surprised how much will they go out of their way to help you solve the problem.