S7-400 : Module configured, but not available

hcjs123

Hello.

I made hardware configuration of S7-400
I simply added one slave module, which is prosoft gateway.
I connected GSD file of prosoft gateway to ethernet IO system.

And I downloaded successfully. but after online, GSD file is not configured.
Ping to GSD file and IP of GSD file are same as real prosoft module. but
it is not available.

1. the device name of GSD file and the device name of edit ethernet node are different. Does it cause "Module configured, but not available"?

2. Now prosoft gateway module has error lamp. does Gateway problem cause "Module configured, but not available"?

2. Now prosoft gateway module has error lamp. does Gateway problem cause "Module configured, but not available"?
In case there is another problem (i.e. not the name problem) on the Prosoft module then that can also cause the error in Siemens.
But I suspect that the Prosoft has the error because it is not connected to a PN IO Controller - due to the Name problem.

In case there is another problem (i.e. not the name problem) on the Prosoft module then that can also cause the error in Siemens.
But I suspect that the Prosoft has the error because it is not connected to a PN IO Controller - due to the Name problem.

When I disconnect the profinet cable from prosoft gateway, there are error lamp indications on the prosoft module.
I do not think that device name and module error are different, but two problem may cause "not available.🤾'

If the IP and name are correct, but you still get errors on either side, then are they configured exactly the same on both sides, i.e. the data transfer areas must be mirrored on the two sides ?
I.e.
S7 ------------------- Prosoft
16 out bytes --> 16 in bytes.
32 in bytes <-- 32 out bytes.

I dont know Prosoft, but usually you can export a GSDML file from the side that is to be PN IO Device, and import the GSDML file on the side that is to be the PN IO Controller.
This is the best way to ensure that the configuration is correct on both sides.

edit: Siemens error messages are cryptic sometimes.
The "module configured but not available" may mean that there is a module with the expected IP and Name, but the configuration is wrong.

Last edited:
Today, I found that device name of ethernet node and device name of GSD file are different.
After I made it identical, "module configured but not available" disappeared and the hardware configuration recognize GSD of Prosoft gateway.

GSD of Prosoft has own device name. When I did IP assign in Step 7, I assigned different device name.
It caused error in Step 7 project as well as Prosoft gateway device, which has orange lamp.

I thought that Prosoft gateway may have error, but Step7 caused error to Prosoft gateway.

Last edited: