TSSM - Two-sensor Symmetrical Muting

Krone

Hi Guys

I hope you can help me with the TSSM block in studio 5000

I am using it for a LC to control the muting.

The muting of the LC works fine when it sees the object coming into the muting sensors, regardless of S1 or S2 falls first. Then the object goes through the LC and after that the problem occur. If S2 gets signal first (a few ms) before S1 the block fails, but if S1 gets signal first, then everything works fine.
Since this is a symmetrical I would assume that is does not matter if S1 or S2 would be the last to activate again after the LC, as long as it is done before the discrepancy time, or am I completely wrong?

According to the documentation, you can set the S1-S2 Discrepancy
Time which is the maximum amount of time the muting sensors
(Sensor 1 and Sensor 2) may be inconsistent before
a fault occurs

Here is a link to my current setup:
https://imagesharing.com//photo.php?s=yv6h8udp
NOTE: The MuteLC_In.O1 are not used

Br
Anders

Instruction help states:
Sensor 1 must be blocked or cleared within the S1S2 Discrepancy Time of Sensor 2 being blocked or cleared.
Sensor 2 must be blocked or cleared within the S1S2 Discrepancy Time of Sensor 1 being blocked or cleared.
I take this the same way as you. The order should not matter. Watch for some kind of flicker on the inputs,
maybe use a longer filter in the module configuration? Just a suggestion.
Side-to-side location of the package could throw the timing off...

Last edited:
I tried with a flicker and that gave the same result.
But i figured it out. The S1,S2-LC minimum time also have to expire after the LC has been re-established, before the muting sensors may see eachother again, otherwise it will fault.