Converting FSC from CompactLogix to Siemens S7-1200

My bad, have never used the 1200
But I assume there are ways to make them retentive, at least I would hope so.

There is, just selecting a tick box in the DB.

Recipes and the like can take up a lot of memory thought, the 1200 isn't really designed for recipie handling etc..

All dependent on how large the recipe structure is.

My bad, have never used the 1200
But I assume there are ways to make them retentive, at least I would hope so.

1200/1500 have a lot of similarities to the 300/400, but a lot of differences as well.

There is a way to do it, yes. Retentivity is tag by tag now, instead of DB by DB, and it is off by default. Sorry, wasn't specific above.

It isn't a great solution for recipes, though, because there isn't a ton of retentive memory available, and it is way too easy to reinitialize the DB and lose the data.

The better PLC based solution, like I said above, is to use the Recipe blocks to store them as CSV files on the memory card (which is now PC readable with the newer PLCs). Or you can use HMI/other methods of handling recipes.