Omron NJ and LinMot - Anyone?

Lamboom

Lifetime Supporting Member
Thanks to many people on this forum, and automation engineers in in several countries, not evolved with this forum, I have been able to almost finish a long project which uses the NJ and an NA HMI to manage LinMot linear motors. However, Omron doesn't seem interested in working with LinMot .. Omron already has their own linear motors. LinMot isn't real interested in the Omron systems controlling their drives and motors, they have a relationship with Rockwell. In spite of this, the two systems do work well with each other, both Ethernet/IP and EtherCAT LinMot Drives will interface with the NJ, even while also using Omron Drives and motors at the same time. There is no one in the Omron court that I know, who builds machines using LinMot ... soooo, I'm asking the forum for any contact information of someone you know, that does.

PS: this is a bit dated .. but it shows one early application: https://www.youtube.com/embed/B0UGm9JTw3U?rel=0

Note... The main control system is Delta Motion's motion controller RMC75E-QA2 and two LinMot linear motors (which work great!) I did also research an Omron system (video) .. and cannot "Immediate Stop" the LinMot drive with an NJ Error or Fault. Would like to fix that.. :)

Thanks much, Regards, Michael Lambert

Last edited: