Can't enable bootp on a CompactLogix

Thanks Paul!, I sell a LOT of these... it has a short PM02 and CP3 with our USB to RS232 https://www.plccable.com/usb-allen-bradley-1747-cp3-1761-cbl-pm02-plc-programming-cable-kit/

Yes if you have a Keyspan and a serial CP3 or null modem it will work just fine, connect to the DB9 port and use the DF1 driver in RSLinx, select the correct COM port and click auto config, it should say Successful! if it does go to RS Who and right click on the compact and there you should be able to configure the Ethernet port

5 years later when you need to do it again just search here :) (if it works)

Isn't that the truth! This is why I despise AB serial connections, it never connects right away, it takes multiple trips to the forum. Lol It displays "Port Conflict" in RSLinx yet, there's nothing else connected to the laptop. I disabled then enabled the Keyspan but it's of no use.

Isn't that the truth! This is why I despise AB serial connections, it never connects right away, it takes multiple trips to the forum. Lol It displays "Port Conflict" in RSLinx yet, there's nothing else connected to the laptop. I disabled then enabled the Keyspan but it's of no use.

Port conflict often means that the COM number assigned in RSLinx doesn't jive with the one Bill Gates decided to assign to your USB to serial device. Go into device manager > ports. Then find your comm adapter and drill into its advanced properties and force it to COM1 or COM2. Windozer will bark at you, but will do it anyway. Afterward, that device should always get the same COM number.

You can also get a port conflict if you have multiple RSLinx serial drivers running that are assigned to the same COM number.

I have a Keyspan USA19HS that works well, but getting the driver located used to be tricky. That was years ago, so maybe it is plug and play now. The Keyspan has a handy comm data viewer that I have used a couple of times.

I prefer Mark's cables because they are more physically user friendly...

I have only found one oddball device that neither his nor the Keyspan would talk to (had to use a cheap Goldstar I found in the back of an old desk)...

Go into device manager > ports. Then find your comm adapter and drill into its advanced properties and force it to COM1 or COM2.

I prefer Mark's cables because they are more physically user friendly...

I tried that, it didn't help, that's what made me think it was a Linx issue.

I like Mark's cables also, I have two plastic Walmart bags chocked full of them. Lol If I didn't need this done right now, I would order it.

I can't believe there is not a simple way to just enable bootp on this darned CPU.