Read and display DLR Network Status in Panelview Plus

kevinksdroid

Hi, Rockwell beginner here, so I have been trying to set up an HMI Screen in Panelview PLus 1000, which would tell the customer if a link is broken in a DLR network. The architecture has 5 Point IOs configured in a Ring with Stratix 5700 Switch. The PLC is not in this ring, only the IOs are configured in the ring. My goal is to read the network or port status of the IOs. I have been searching around for quite some time. The sample program from PCDC seem to have an HMI screen that reads the port status of Stratix 5700 and nothing is mentioned about the port status of Point IOs. Any help will be much appreciated.

DLR faceplate ver 3.03 for Panelview Plus is available in the Sample Code library.
It will show DLR topology, faults and information about all nodes.
But it will not show individual I/O ports on the point I/O.

There is a DLR tool available.from the Rockwell website which works on top of RSLix. I find it very useful to get status of a DLR system.

DLR faceplate ver 3.03 for Panelview Plus is available in the Sample Code library.
It will show DLR topology, faults and information about all nodes.
But it will not show individual I/O ports on the point I/O.

Thank you. I guess that's the only option. I was looking forward to do something like giving a custom architecture layout with lines changing color when broken.o_O

Thank you. I guess that's the only option. I was looking forward to do something like giving a custom architecture layout with lines changing color when broken.o_O

DLR Faceplate does exactly what you need - it automatically builds the graphical representation of connected DLR architecture and changes line colors if segment is broken.
DRL Tool does exactly the same, but used as Windows based application

Ha.. Let me try to figure it out. The thing is DLR faceplate doesn't exactly blend well with my screens and I need to add a few more devices that are not in the ring also to the architecture.

You can use AIO and design your own graphics
In this case you can use AOI ver 4 from PCDC.
Ver 4 does not support view ME but if you design your own screens then it does not really matter.

You can use AIO and design your own graphics
In this case you can use AOI ver 4 from PCDC.
Ver 4 does not support view ME but if you design your own screens then it does not really matter.

Not using Panelview, but which AOI are you referring to. Would appreciate a link or a description.

rajy2r, you will need at least one DLR supervisor. Other than Stratix Rockwell PLCs such as CompactLogix have DLR supervisor functionality, but without a DLR tap or another DLR capable switch such as Pheonix, you can only use USB to look into the PLC program when you use DLR.