Catalog Update - GSD file for Mass Flow Meter at Step 7`

misamark

Dears,
I need to add Siemens SITRANS FC430 to the existing PROFIBUS on the machine.
I have downloaded GSD files, but while trying to update catalog to add, I got the message "An Update is presently not possible. In one or more STEP 7 applications at least one GSD file or type file is being referenced"

I have opened another PLC program and easily updated with GSD files, but SITRANS flow meters does not appear in the catalog, cannot add to the PROFIBUS network.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!!

FC430 error.jpg

Hi SigmaDelta,

GSD files installed successfully, but these do not appear in the catalog. I cannot add it to my Profibus network. Simply, there are no SITRANS flowmeters to add. Seems that Step 7 v5.5 cannot accept these devices.
Any suggestion? Maybe I am doing something wrong...
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
After you install your GSD, you have to chose Update Catalogue from the same menu, then your new device should appear in the HW Catalogue.

Tried already... Does not appear.

Something with compatibility I think, with Step7 V5.5.

Can you please try to add to your STEP 7, and see will it appear?

I am sending you GSD files to try.