Advantech AS4000-CR60 HMI upload

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an Advantech AS4000-CR60 HMI that I need to get an upload from. Is the software still available to allow me to do this? Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy? Also, if necessary, do you know of the cable part number required for the upload or pinout details? I say "if necessary" as it has an RJ45 port which I'm assuming is Ethernet.

It was a rebranded Indusoft Web Studio version, running on Windows CE (5 probably).
You can plug a USB drive (formatted FAT) into the HMI, use the CE desktop's Windows Explorer to copy the .APP (and adjacent directories, all of them) from the \HARDDISK to the USB stick.

I can't exit the HMI application to get to the WinCE desktop. Is there a procedure to do this?

ALT+F4 didn't work. I tried CTRL+ALT+DEL and CTRL+ESC too.

When it boots, the CE desktop is visible but it auto loads the application and I can't figure out how to stop it. Any ideas?

While it's booting and showing the first logo try F2, F8 or F12 to see if you get to BIOS setup or a boot menu.

F12 is usually a boot menu, F2 goes to BIOS. Some computers respond to F8 or Delete to get to menus or setup.

Also, if it's a touchscreen there usually is a corner combination to hold while booting that gets to a menu instead of starting the application.

Also, I have seen where a menu pops up instead of starting the application if a USB drive is in when booting. That one was Chinese.

In the extremely distant past there used to be a key combo to cancel all 'startup' items. I have no idea if it applied to WinCE, it was more of a Win3.11, Win95/98 thing (I think I even used it on Win2k/XP).

From the moment the computer is powered on throughout the entire boot sequence until the desktop is well loaded, hold down both the Left And Right Shift keys together.