Guardlogix 5580 configuration help?

Narko

Hello members,
We have a Guardlogix 5580 with the below hardware configuration.

(Guardlogix 5580 (has one eip port) -- Safety Partner -- Safety INP -- Safety OUT -- Network card (has two eip ports .)

Now the big question.
Can I have the 5580 eip port connected to the plant network on 10.x.x.x

And have the network card port 1 as start of the ring topology and port 2 to end the topology of all safety devices? on 192.168.x.x ?

Can someone recommended if this is even possible?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards

Yes, this is a very common and good practice network structure. I have done it several times before.

Hello Narko:

I have a GuardLogix and have been working with it a bit, and I am not sure I understand your question. I wish this post will catch the eyes of Contr_Conn or Ken Roach who are extremely knowledgeable about EtherNet/IP and Rockwell technology, but I will try to provide some comments

The GuardLogix has two modes of operation. One is DLR mode and the other is a mode that uses two diffetent IP address and MAC addresses for each port (not sure now how it is called). In this second mode GuardLogix cannot be a DLR node or supervisor. It would have to be connected to an EthertNet/IP tap or DLR capable switch like a Stratix (no a non-DLR port of this switching device) to be able to talk to nodes in a DLR ring and at the same time to the plant network. I may be missing something, but I think what you do in the way you describe it is not possible.

The GuardLogix has two modes of operation.
I think this is misleading statement as it only applies to Compact GuardLogix 5380.
OP uses 5580 controller and dual IP comments in the post above don't apply to this.

As for original question - yes, this is possible to use a separate EN2TR card to communicate with IO