Registers in Machine Expert

Sham

Hi all,

Another very simple question I have got. How to define register values in Machine Expert? Dont have to use modbus function, but another controller, which knows my M251`s IP address, will be writing to the register value (firs two holding registers).

So, all I want to do is allocate the first two holding registers an address in my GVL (Global Variable List).
How can that be done?

Thanks

With holdin registers you mean modbus address mapping?

Symbol_name AT %MW0: INT

is syntax for 400001 modbus address on GVL.

With holdin registers you mean modbus address mapping?

Symbol_name AT %MW0: INT

is syntax for 400001 modbus address on GVL.

What I mean is my device will be acting as slave, whose first two registers will be written a value by the master PLC. All I want is the syntax (hopefully an example can be great too) of giving first two holding registers (of my PLC) memory an address, which I will read later and do the processing. Makes sense?