RS LOGIX controller node tree order

Code Blagger

Hi Guys. I have 3 AENTR cards in a project. I've added a 4th today. It's at the bottom of the plc controller organiser tree.

I'd like t to be 2nd from the top. Can anyone tell me how I change the order please?

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Studio 5000 Logix Designer sorts devices in the I/O tree descending by address.

In a backplane, that's by slot position number and on a network, by IP Address or ControlNet Address or Universal Remote I/O Address.

This cannot be changed.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Studio 5000 Logix Designer sorts devices in the I/O tree descending by address.

In a backplane, that's by slot position number and on a network, by IP Address or ControlNet Address or Universal Remote I/O Address.

This cannot be changed.

Hi Ken, thanks for the reply!

So if I were to change the network IP of my new AENTR card to be second in my order, that would do it?

Hi Ken, thanks for the reply!

So if I were to change the network IP of my new AENTR card to be second in my order, that would do it?

Yup. In offline mode, change the IP address and you'll see it zip to a new position, regardless of sequence of creation or alphabetic order.

Yup. In offline mode, change the IP address and you'll see it zip to a new position, regardless of sequence of creation or alphabetic order.

Thanks again Ken.

I don't suppose you can tell me the dfferenece between hardware series' can you? The AENTR card I added was an older 'A' series. The others are 'C' series. Did have a quick look on the Rockwell knowledge portal but find it confusing to navigate.

Unfortunately in the Rockwell world, a "Series" letter indicates a major change in hardware OR firmware/functionality.

Sometimes a new Series is functionally identical but just has different physical components. With legacy controllers a Series change was often just for compliance with ROHS or CE, and there was no functional change.

But sometimes it's a major change to functionality. I can rattle off a bunch of legacy devices where the series are incompatible, or the later series has new features and a "Compatibility Mode" you have to set up to work as though it was an older module.

In the case of the 1769-AENTR, I checked the firmware download website and it only has version 1.01, released in 2014 with the Series A hardware. So that suggests to me that Series C is a hardware change only.

I don't use those module regularly, so I will defer to the Forum members who do.

I believe OP is talking about 1734-AENTR series.
But the answer is the same - hardware change introduced most likely.