Connecting Laptop to AB SLC/02/04

jmunsen

o_OIts been a few years since I been involved with booting up a RSLoxic 500! I never had to use a laptop! now I do. I need step by step in connecting thru the steps of opening RSLinx to get to online programing! Thanks in advance Jim

Last edited:
Does your laptop have a real serial port? If so see PDF below. For your SLC5/04.

If not you will need a USB to serial adapter brand name "Keyspan" is a good one see link below if you need one. ( scroll down right hand side)
Or a 1784-U2DHP ( USB to DH+ converter) for the DH+ port on your SLC5/04

For a SLC5/02 , which only supports DH485 protocol you will need a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) to connect to it.

http://www.plctrainer.net/

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hey guys, I'm trying to connect my laptop to an old SLC500 PLC. It has a DH-485 port on it and I have to configure a driver for it on taking. I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm working on building some screens for the pv500. The program is currently running in the SLC 5/01. I'd like to get my laptop online...
Replies
Views
Hello I am new in this topic I have laptop with 98SE, RSlogix ver 5.00, rSlinks lite 2.42, want to communicate with slc 5/05 L551. with...
Replies
Views
Hi; I have Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad (W10) which don't have built-in Bluetooth. I have a PLC having Bluetooth communication device. I wanted to...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, i have a small issue that i need to solve. I had programmed a PLC last year, it was allen Bradley's L24ER , and now the PLC and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom