Thomas International Industrial Assessments - Any tips to do well ?

Cydog

Good Morning ,

I was contacted by a recruiter about a maintenance manager position . They are having me do a assessment with a testing group Thomas International . Have any of you taken this test , and is there any areas that would help to study before I take this , this evening ?

Thanks so much ,

Before, I wasted my time in studying, worrying, driving to and from, taking a day off from my current job, to take this test(evaluation), has money been discussed?

Several years back, I was in the same situation, I did exactly what you are describing and when I got to the test site, there was about 25 other candidates, and at the beginning of the evaluation the recruiter said this would be an "Entry Level" position with a starting pay of $13.50 hr.

24 of the 24 candidates got up and walked out!!!

Check out all of the details being offered - before jumping!!

"This is just my opinion"!!

LOL 🙂. It is a online test . It is timed so I would to have an idea what to study up on before . The only time have to do it is this evening . I'm terrible with test. I have gotten into the bad habit of looking stuff up all the time , including using you guys . Thanks so much in advance .

I’m sure you will do fine. It’s probably a personality type test... how you deal with people etc

Thanks . I took the online personality test this morning , and I need to take the aptitude test this evening . I think the money is there .

Thanks again.

I was contacted by a recruiter about a maintenance manager position . They are having me do a assessment with a testing group Thomas International
If "they" is the recruiter I wouldn't waste my time. But that's just me who quit the corporate rat race to go into business for myself. I never got a job through a recruiter although I was frequently contacted by them when I was working, even when I was working for myself.
Remember, the recruiter works for the company doing the hiring. To a recruiter you are a commodity. This "test" is nothing more than a screening device. It saves the recruiter from having to actually talk to you to see if you're qualified before passing your name on to the client. It saves the recruiter from having to have people on the payroll who know anything about the jobs they're trying to fill. But they can still claim that all candidates they submit to the client have passed their rigorous screening procedures and are qualified.

This testing is actually the potential employer . I already had the in person interview .

Thanks for the information.