Direct Soft and PID controlling

Mr_B

Hi Guys, I want to do PID controlling for a Hydraulic Cylinder. So basicly I have a 10v analog input from the temposonic for position and a 10v Output Signal for the Proportional valve.

In Allen Bradley I can use the PID-instruction which would be perfect but this machine has a Direct Soft 205 with DL260 CPU and the programming works a little different.

I went through it and found no PID-instruction. How do I get started on this?

If some one can just help me get started, I would appreciate it.

I think It would be something like to LOAD the Analog IP, SUB it form a REF and do some more MATH and then Give it to the Analog OUT. That is unless there is a much simpler way to do it.

Many Thanks

The Direct Logic line of PLCs all have roughly the same PID functions. Do as follows.

1. Click PLC --> Setup --> PID
2. It will ask you for a table starting address. Give it a V-memory location you are not using else where. If you use say V-4000 as your starting point, it will use V-4000 - V4037 for a single PID loop.
3. See http://web6.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/d2user/d2user.html

Look at chapter 8, it has a very in depth and good guide to using PID.

If you need more help, ping back after reading the manual.