Pro Tool Upload problem

Mr_B

Hi

I've got to Upload a few Pro Tool programs at wrk. I am not too clued up with Pro Tool. But when I try to upload, I get this error message each time:

" Download is not possible. This Pro Tool Version and the Operating System version on the Operating System are not compatible. Update the Operating System on the Operating Unit(Perform Boot strapping if necassary)"

the Software version is Vers. 6.0 SP 3

When the OP 7-DP starts up, it shows V6 1/04 and then V1.03

Can anyone shed sum light please
Thank You

Im not sure about Pro Tool, but in WinCC in Click File, Transfer, and there is a OS Update Link. Click That and follow instructions and your all set.

Derek

controlled said:
Im not sure about Pro Tool, but in WinCC in Click File, Transfer, and there is a OS Update Link. Click That and follow instructions and your all set.

Derek

Doesn't give me that option. File-Upload-Start.

thanks for the reply though

That sounds like a download... Which are you trying to do, Upload an application from a Terminal to your PC, or Download one from your PC to the terminal?

If it's Download, the error message is telling you that you need to upgrade the terminal's firmware, to make it compatible with the revision level of the application you are trying to install.

Protool: Note maybe WinCE Panels only

With your project open - File/Download/OS Update.

Hope this helps

We got quite a couple a OP 7 s in our plant. So now I need to get all the existing programs onto our laptop, so I need to upload them but I can't.

Then you need to speak with the Integrator and ask for the Project File, There is no work around to this problem.

Maybe a stupid question but, why do we have Pro Tool SW then. Just to create new programmes?

I know what you mean, On the newer WinCE panels you can upload if you select(Tick)the Option.

I had to re-do an existing OP7 Project once after the manufacturer wouldnt give me the there Project, That was fun working from an uploaded PLC program! Luckily the Panels were Basic and i only had to do it once for 4 Machines.

Oh well, guess i'm going to have to get it from da suplier then. Thanks for all the replies guys. It helped