Melplac plc

gustavo_dias

Hi guys,

i have a MELPLAC PLC and i want to communicate this controller with an OPC server via ethernet/ip. Do you know what OPC can I use? I try the Kepware but they haven't this driver.

Theres no other protocols maybe Modbus tcp, the problem with Ethernet is there is no way of really knowing what data in stream correlates to plc memory locations and with that model being so old I can't find any info on it, with Modbus at least you would be able to map it in a protocol converter and pick the opc data from.

maybe try matrikon
https://www.matrikonopc.com/opc-drivers/opc-mitsubishi/base-driver-details.aspx

doubt it will work but worth a shot

I think you might be out of luck on this one, I think the MELPLAC is just to old a platform and not supported by anyone, I honestly can't find any info on the platform aside from a Japanese case study and a few ebay ads.

If it supported Modbus you might be able to get a hardware gateway with opc capability to allow the data to be extracted. but as far as I can tell only an OPS750 and whatever configuration software are able to access the data directly.

Driver TCP/IP para o MELPLAC

Hi Gustavo.

I have the protocol for MELPLAC 750 and MELPLAC 2000 that works directly on MELSCUCSES TCP/IP NETWORK.

For more detais, please look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lYn2BP123A

Due to currently demands for using other controllers mixed with MELPLAC controllers, the protocol complete detail information have a high probability to be sold to bigger player at Asia market.

Currently they are working in Brazil.