Downtime exact time

Ammar Ghazali

Can someone help me? i want to know what is the exact time of the machine downtime. Which when i go the machine i can just take note of the time it happens and show it to my employer. Here I have omron CP1E. Thanks

The easiest way would be to put a retentive timer in that runs when the machine is not running. The only issue would be that all "not running" time would be considered "downtime". If you need more precision, then you would have to take into consideration what exactly conditions should be called "downtime". You would also need a way to reset the timer at an interval of your choosing. Displaying the accumulated downtime is a different issue. The short answer would to to put it on your HMI if you have one.

Bubba.

Not familiar with Omron, but with AB you would be reading the PLC Date / Time for example in MyArray[6], then when the downtime bit goes high / low, copy that to your DowntimeArray[6].

As the above poster mentions, the PLC doesn't know what downtime is, so you need to write that part.

If the info is used as a stick to beat someone with, use with great caution, the operators will do whatever to deflect from them.

The easiest way would be to put a retentive timer in that runs when the machine is not running. The only issue would be that all "not running" time would be considered "downtime". If you need more precision, then you would have to take into consideration what exactly conditions should be called "downtime". You would also need a way to reset the timer at an interval of your choosing. Displaying the accumulated downtime is a different issue. The short answer would to to put it on your HMI if you have one.

Bubba.

i will put a sensor to detect whether the machine is running or not.

Not familiar with Omron, but with AB you would be reading the PLC Date / Time for example in MyArray[6], then when the downtime bit goes high / low, copy that to your DowntimeArray[6].

As the above poster mentions, the PLC doesn't know what downtime is, so you need to write that part.

If the info is used as a stick to beat someone with, use with great caution, the operators will do whatever to deflect from them.

Thanks Janner šŸ»

Down time is the time the machine is stopped due to a fault... couldn't you OR the alarms that stop the machine and use that bit to feed the timer?

Also, once you know how much, the next question will be why, so you could straight off the bat add an alarm counter to the system and detect which faults happen most to direct the attention to them.

At the end of the day, if you focus on faults and how to fix them, the operators will be happy. If the purpose is to push the operators to do more without paying attention to the real cause of the low productivity, it will only make things worse for all.

Down time is the time the machine is stopped due to a fault... couldn't you OR the alarms that stop the machine and use that bit to feed the timer?

Also, once you know how much, the next question will be why, so you could straight off the bat add an alarm counter to the system and detect which faults happen most to direct the attention to them.

At the end of the day, if you focus on faults and how to fix them, the operators will be happy. If the purpose is to push the operators to do more without paying attention to the real cause of the low productivity, it will only make things worse for all.

Yeah thanks for the great idea. I will do my best for that.