BSL Instruction (500 vs 5000)

jrsnydley

Hello everyone!

I am in the middle of converting an RSLogix 500 program to RSLogix 5000. I made an array of INTS called B3 and have been using this to address my bits used in the 500 project. I have reached a BSL instruction whose "File" attribute is B3:6 in the 500 project but in 5000 it says you need to use a DINT. Any good ideas on how to accomplish this? I have attached a picture of the original instruction.

BSL.jpg

It is possible, there are some places in the code where they clear some of the integers so I was trying to avoid it but I can probably figure that out.

FYI: DINT is the atomic data type in Logix based processors, so any INT math operations will involve an INT ->DINT -> INT conversion behind the scenes.

For this reason, I try to convert my B3, N7, etc. files to DINT if at all possible.