You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 9th, 2018, 06:15 AM   #1
Mihir_007
India

Factory Talk View Trends

Dear all,

Facing some strange issue for last 2 weeks with factory talk view trends.
Trends work great in real time and log the data as well. As soon as i will logout(FTV logout), and login again with Factory Talk View SE, All the past trends have gone and it will start logging again from a moment i opened trends.

I have checked data log models. It is defined OK as it should be. In fact, System was working healthy(Normal) up to last February-2018.

Any help in this regard, (to start the trends with normal operation) will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Mihir
Old March 9th, 2018, 07:18 AM   #2
rleon
Argentina

Try to start checking simple steps first:

1- Check thast your TrendX have the option Poll Historical Data instead of real tme data.
2- Check that you are starting the datalog command when you start FTView.
For example, if your datalog is named DLOG001, you have to use the command DataLogon DLOG001. You can start this command in the runtime options config or via macro.

The other option is that your historicasl database is corrupt and the datalog does not logging data in the tables.
Old March 9th, 2018, 12:15 PM   #3
A_G
United States

I agree with rleon's suggestions. Also maybe try to download the latest FactoryTalk View patches from the Rockwell website, but remember to backup your project first!

I had a similar issue once. I suspected that the database was corrupt. I had to delete the database and create a new one. Unfortunately a couple days later, I had the same issue. Deleted the database again and created a new one again. A few days later, same issue. This time I downloaded the latest FactoryTalk View SE patches from the Rockwell website. After this I did not get this issue again.
Old March 9th, 2018, 08:38 PM   #4
Mihir_007
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleon View Post

2- Check that you are starting the datalog command when you start FTView.
For example, if your datalog is named DLOG001, you have to use the command DataLogon DLOG001. You can start this command in the runtime options config or via macro.
While executing DataLogOn and DataLogOff command through command line or macro, FTV Diagnostic shows following error.
"An unknown error occurred in the server framework while trying to delegate a command"
Old March 9th, 2018, 08:41 PM   #5
Mihir_007
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_G View Post
I had a similar issue once. I suspected that the database was corrupt. I had to delete the database and create a new one. Unfortunately a couple days later, I had the same issue. Deleted the database again and created a new one again. A few days later, same issue. This time I downloaded the latest FactoryTalk View SE patches from the Rockwell website. After this I did not get this issue again.
Is there any way to check the data log model's ability? I mean whether it is corrupted or it is good to use?
Old March 9th, 2018, 09:07 PM   #6
Mihir_007
India

RA Answer ID 67128

I believe this RA answer will work.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp....ail/a_id/67128

But the question is, Does this work with FTV 7.0? As I am facing this same error ("An unknown error occurred in the ServerFramework while trying to delegate a command") in Factory Talk View 7.0.
Old March 10th, 2018, 06:59 AM   #7
A_G
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihir_007 View Post
Is there any way to check the data log model's ability? I mean whether it is corrupted or it is good to use?
I don't remember how I decided the database was corrupt. I did call Rockwell Tech Connect a few times and tried their suggestions but they did not work. Eventually I figured that it was probably corrupt.
Old March 10th, 2018, 10:46 AM   #8
Operaghost
United States

I want to clear up something rleon mentioned regarding Real-time v Historical polling.

With Poll Historical Data selected, let's assume you are logging data to your datalog for just one tag every ten seconds. And let's say that you create a trend that is updating once per second. The trend is only getting data from the datalog model so that data will only change once every ten seconds. Let's also say that the trend is showing you one minute of data. When you view that trend, you will see six points of data with a line connecting those points.

If you select Real-time data server, you will see the historical data if you said your data source was a datalog model. Plus you will see live data update as you watch that trend window. So using the example above, if I watch that trend I will see the live data appearing at the 1 second update rate along with the historical data. But, if I navigate away from that display, the live data is discarded. So when I return, I will only see historical data and the live data will start updating with new data.

There is a video on YouTube that shows this real well. You can skip to about the 4:50 minute mark to see the Historical v real-time option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mTiTip98kg

OG
Old March 12th, 2018, 05:18 AM   #9
Mihir_007
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihir_007 View Post
I believe this RA answer will work.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp....ail/a_id/67128

But the question is, Does this work with FTV 7.0? As I am facing this same error ("An unknown error occurred in the ServerFramework while trying to delegate a command") in Factory Talk View 7.0.
Any Idea about this?
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum