Dl 470

Mr_B

Hi Guys, we have a Ramformer machine at work and it's hell to do faultfinding on it. I have no idea what the program looks like. It has a DL 470 Direct Soft PC/PLC and a Touch screen. All I want to know is how do I access the program. I just want to see how the thing operates. I'm not one to change components till a fault dissapears. I want to know what I'm doing and with out the program how can I do that...

Please can some one give me some direction.

Thanks in advance.

Thankx Eric but we already have Direct 32 version 4.0 and that we use for the PLC's but it's not the same.

The DL470 is a computer, not a PLC. If you look at the left side you will see the normal computer connections for monitor, keyboard, etc. There are two USB connections on the left side and a 3 1/2 floppy in the front.

Have that already Eric but it doesn't answer my questions. I wan to know where the program is so I can view it.

All I find is the Think and Do sw on the net but there's nothing of that installed on the PC. There's also no familiar programs on the PC. Only one I know on it is VB studio 6 but I can not open it. Message says it's uninstalled. So I have no clue as to even in what language the program is written or where to view it. :(

I'd say you'll probably need to contact the machine's manufacturer, and see which type of Software they used to write the program with. There are a few different packages that they might have used to write the code with, and some of them might not be readable without a decompiler of some sort. The fact that it is a PC instead of a plc widens the field out quite a bit. We're probably not going to be able to tell you what programming package they used on your machine.

Are there any logos on the display for it?
What brand of cards does it use to run the machine?

I wish I could be of help, but I never got the opportunity to play with one of those units... :(

You might try posting this question at the A-D forum. Wait, let me guess, you've also done that already... ;)

🍻

-Eric

According to the manual, the D4-470 could have various things pre-installed the '-XXX' after the 'D4-470'. These were three different possible operating systems ('-98' = Win98, '-2K' = Win2000, '-NT' = Win NT) and three different packages ('-LKD' - "Lookout Direct Development, '-LKR' = "Lookout Direct Runtime Only", -TDL' Windows NT with "Think & Do Studio"). Check to see if this helps.

Thanks guys, here's the hardware.

Galil ICM 1460 card to the servo motor.

DMC 3425 to I/O cards.

and also a touch screen.

On some documentation I found, it shows that you use the "DTERM" program to drive the Servo Motor and Proportional valve manually.

Think & Do has a Galil Motion driver. I'd say it's pretty likely that the 470 was setup with Think & Do. You should be able to find either a ThinkNDo folder right off of the root directory or an Entivity folder under Program Files. Those are the standard install directories I believe.

Galil also provides controls for programming in VB.

It's possible the only program on the machine is a VB6 program acting as a SCADA/HMI application. And the Galil card is doing all the real time control.

Look in the startup directory on the 470 and see what program is set to run. Is it just an .exe? A thinkndo program is a .cfg, if I remember correctly. A vb6 source code program would be a .vbp.