Converting .RSS file to Click (.ckp) - Timer status bit equivalents

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've finally gotten around to programming an AD Click PLC that's been sitting in my office for close to two years. The main reason I'm using it is that the ML1100 I was planning on using for this project won't fit in the available space.

Converting rungs with inputs, outputs and internal bits has been a breeze, but I'm hung up on what the equivalent bits for timers status (.EN, .TT, .DN, etc.) are. I've gotten around TT by using a Greater-Than contact that I use to compare TD1's current value to "zero". If the contact is true and the conditions that started TD1 are true, the timer must be running.

For an equivalent to DN, I compare current value to SetPoint.

I'm sure the above work-arounds will work fine, but I'm guessing there's a much more elegant way to make it work.

BTW, the .RSS program I'm converting only has a dozen rungs and is for a floor scrubber. My intention is to broaden my experience by converting this on my own, but a little push in the right direction would go a long way!

Timer done should be the done contact associated with the timer. It is shown to the right of the timer box. For T1 it would be T1 as a contact.

For TT all you really need to do is TD1>0.

For EN it should be the same condition set that enabled the timer.

Last edited:
I do it with extra C bits. I parallel from the enable line into the timer to a C bit as the 'EN' equivalent. Continuing down from that enable line I place a NOT of the timer contact ending in a C bit as the 'TT' equivalent.

Of course you don't have to do both, just what you need. Just for clarity pre-gather all the enable conditions (X1 in this example) into a single bit. Then the timer rungs can all have the same general appearance.

Click Timer.jpg