motion control siemens vs Schneider

raph_rf

Hello I have a project with 11 axes of motion hyd/motot. I have two options now:
- siemens D435 with software simotion scout
-the new Schneider lmc078 with somachine motion

Did you have some experience with these ones?
Do you have any advice?

The D435 has been replaced with the D435-2.
I haven't used Schneider.
Whatever feels comfortable will work.
Scout is pretty solid nowadays.
You will need v4.3
The hardware also has to match your installed scout software.
If you have more than 6 actual servo axes, you will also need an additional CU.
CU320-2 will work but you can also get a newer motion control unit, the CX.
More compact than the CU's.
I'd talk to your local siemens rep as they can size the Line Module and the Sinamics amps for you.
I'd suggest Sinamics Double Motor modules to save on the panel space.

Yes its a d435-2 I have already a setup from siemens but because it's my first time with motion control,I have misery to choose

With Simotion you can use Motion Control Chart for your motion tasks, ladder, etc.
The MCC is a graphical sort of flowchart style programming.
If you are familiar with the above, you should be in good shape.
There's a learning curve though, regardless of which software you'll use if you haven't done motion.
Once you get the motion part done, the rest of the logic should be easy.

Thank you bkottaras. I saw the famous MCC in the PM 21 catalog, interesting.Do you know if theres are somes examples or tutorial of scout programs on the web?

Do you know where i can find motion basis explication(Cam,positionning,interpolations ect)?

Is that somebody else has heard about the LMC and SoMachine?

I'm also looking Beckhoff. I noticed that unlike Siemens, Schneider and beckhoff use G-code for motion control. Is better than siemens?

Hello JRW, I never used gcode for the moment. I have read some example on the internet. This technique is optimized for the CNC, which worried me because the goal is not to make a machining. I only programmed the plc in the past, this will be my first in motion control. Thats why i want some advices to get the right ''trail''.
Scuse me for my english

Whether or not G-code will work depends on the application. G-code is good IF everything is controlled and there aren't any conditional do this if this happens or do that if that happens.

What is the application? Chances are there is someone on this forum that had done what you want to do and knows exactly how to do it.

Any Ethernet communication method should be more than fast enough. It is really just a matter of which is the easiest to implement.

All these axes are to control:gantry/trolley/robot arm for a pick n place system.the arm is home made.

Last edited: