Allen Bradley Explicit Messaging

kentrols

I am trying to use the new DEM explicit messaging instruction in RSLogix 500. I am using V7.10 software and the SLC L552 is flashed to OS501 Series C FRN 10 and later. However once I have entered a rung with the DEM instruction the RSLogix screen updating slows terribly. A cross reference takes minutes. I have tried it on a few different PLC's with the same result. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

I have not experienced any sort of RSLogix slowdown related to using the DEM instruction.

Is this a DEM instruction that you are continuously triggering ? Any access to the M-files of a 1747-SDN will slow the processor scan a little. Try disabling the message and see if the slowdown is related to the message being present, or the message executing.

I will be back on site tomorrow and will try a few different program schemes. However, I am not so much seeing long processor scan times, just really slow programming access. For example, I did a cross reference on the data table I am using in the DEM instruction and it took over five minutes to complete. During this time, RSLogix was completely locked up.

Followup

I have again tried the DEM instruction and am experiencing the same slowdowns as before. Even when the instruction is not updating, just having the DEM instruction compiled in a rung causes RSLogix to slow to a crawl. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have again tried the DEM instruction and am experiencing the same slowdowns as before. Even when the instruction is not updating, just having the DEM instruction compiled in a rung causes RSLogix to slow to a crawl. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have the same issue. I have 2 DEM instructions and am trying to use theGet Pareameters Scattered DPI object, but cannot find any example (hint, hint)

The problem, this is a guess and test thing for me and with the udate this slow the programming is terrible!