Communication... Automation Direct DL405

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello,

A customer is having me look at a few upgrades to their systems, they are also having a hard time getting support for the equipment from the OEM (busy??), so today they asked me to uploaded and back up everything, so today I uploaded several programs, Automation Direct, AB and Hitachi

All of the Allen Bradley's went very good, all of the Automation Direct went well but one, they had several 205's and one DL405 D4-430 CPU I could not connect with it, it had a 15pin on the top connector and a 25? on the bottom, they had a S2-15p connector/adapter on hand so I tried to use it but no luck, I was using the D2-DSCBL that I used on the 205's, I thought that S2 adapter would allow me to connect to the 405???

Or do I need the D4-DSCBL

Thanks
Mark

The Hitachi is a different thread :) it took forever just to find a port :( and I still don't know if its the correct one

I'm pretty sure offhand that the S2 adapter should work with the D2-DSCBL. The keyswitch should be in "Term" mode, 9600, 8 bits, 1 stop, Odd Parity, K Sequence Protocol.

DirectNet protocol won't work on Port 0 of the D4-430.

Thank You!

I tried to get it to configure with the 'auto' using the S2 but no luck

I ordered both cables (upper and lower port) for the DL405 last night, then I figured I could not go wrong :).... well I hope

You guys are fast on shipping, so I will have them tomorrow and give them a try... thanks again

Mark