AB Basic module "falling over"

Steve Kemp

Good day all.

I have an application which is using an existing (and proven) third party basic program in a recently purchased 1746 basic module (so the firmware is current). It has been written so that it pings a printer attached to serial ports 1 or 2. This feature is verifyable via the prt 1 & 2 leds on the module and works fine. When the processor is put into run mode, the pinging stops (it shouldn't, unless it's receiving print data via M0). Returning to prog mode sets the ping loop going again. I have progressively removed subroutines in the ladder program until all that remained was a copy command placing 64 nulled words into the basic module each scan via M0. Even so, the basic program still stops running the loop when in run mode. Apart from M0, are there any other subtle communications between the cpu and the module that would allow it to detect the state of the system?

Thanks,

Steve.