Fast plc

Abomination1

Hello all!

I have one problem and i need an advice. I search for fast plc, that could have minimum plc cycle.

I got 2 inductive sensors 0-10V (0.5 - 2mm). I connect this sensor with plc.
On plc is connected shaft encoder which is 360ppr. My task is protech a stamping tool betwen stamping and if inside tool is some bad stamping pease we muss stop stamping.

i control heigh of the stamping tool with inductive sensor. Right moment for measurement i get from incremental encoder.
For example:
I want to measure highof the tool at 90° - 180°, so when the tool if fully pressed.

Now i have Unitronic plc with plc cycle cca. 2.5 mS and only one interrupt at 1.25mS and HSC interrupt at 359° (for reset at 0).
But this plc is to slow for this application.

Machine run at 200 rotations per munute, so i need interrupt less then 1mS (for one degree accurity).
SO i need fast plc that can do dhose things fast.

1. interrupt for hsc for set counter on 0
2. set interupt for hsc at 90° (at rising edge) (for high measurment
3. interrupt for analog input? I need fast AD conversion so that i can check for high of the tool every one degree.

so which plc shuld i use?

The unitronics should be able to handle it, I think?

http://unitronics.com/plc-hmi/i-o-com-modules

States a 10 kHz rate. Which would be 0.1 µS?. I advice you to post your question on their forum, they are usually pretty helpful.

If you want to change platform, Siemens makes plenty of very capable PLC's in different price ranges. But it might be a step up from Unitronics.

Edit:
Even the M90 does a 5 kHz high speed counter, 0.2 µS..

http://unitronics.com/Downloads/Sup...90M91 Hardware/M90 - Specifications/M90-T.pdf

Last edited:
Beckhoff controllers with EtherCAT IO can easily get you into the sub-millisecond scan rate and IO to keep up. The scan rate is not the only thing to consider, you have to ensure the speed of the IO can keep up especially analog because they can have slow A/D conversion rates.